The National Association of Boys & Girls Clubs aims to reflect traditional values and contemporary delivery.
To assist and support county organisations and local clubs to provide safe and exciting places for young people, where they can participate in a range of activities and develop their potential through a range of experiences.
Our Core Beliefs
By supporting member clubs and county organisations, together we will be able to provide young people with:
- An attractive, affordable and planned programme of activities and events
- A safe place to learn and grow
- On-going voluntary relationships with local clubs and county organisations
- We encourage both single and mixed gender work believing there is value in both.
- We promote and encourage club / building based youth work.
- We promote and encourage activities as a tool for positive youth work.
- There is commonality or uniformity in our work. We promote a common ethos, common set of values and common club based programmes across the country and into local Boys and Girls Clubs.
- We respond to and support local need.
- We value and seek to learn from our common history and heritage in the Boys & Girls Clubs movement.
- We are a membership organisation.
Our Core Work
- Working with and supporting the work of local county organisations or where there is no county organisation a local club who share our ethos, values and are committed to partnering with us in furthering club based work.
- Providing a broad programme of activities in sport, the arts, outdoor activities, residential and challenge work that young people can take part in.
- Helping volunteers through training, advice and general support services and being a voice for the voluntary Boys & Girls Clubs movement.
- Encouraging links and building relationships at local, county, national and international levels.
- Provide appropriate resources for developing and improving local, voluntary club based youth work.
- Developing resources and programmes that will help to train future leaders.